Services for former Web Technik customers
After almost 18 years in business Web Technik ceased trading in July 2014. Laser Technik Ltd has undertaken to honour the term of web hosting Web Technik clients had already paid for. We will also provide ongoing internet services. We have ensured that no customer or supplier of Web Technik Ltd will be out of pocket or suffer disruption to their internet services as a result of Web Technik closing down.
As a former customer of Web Technik, what are the implications? How does this affect me?
- Your domain names are safe, all are set to auto renew (unless we have had a written instruction to allow them to lapse or you have not responded to our invoice).
- Your web site is safe on the same servers as before. Future server provision has been paid for.
- When you need to ask a support question, provision for an authoritative response remains in place.
- When you need some update or maintenance work doing we aim to provide the same level of prompt and competent service as before.
- New financial resources have been introduced to ensure future domain name renewals and hosting provisions are fully funded.
- Work currently in hand will be completed and invoiced for by Laser Technik on the original terms.
There is no need for any action on your part. All that's changed is our name, contact details and location.
In future domain name and hosting renewals will be invoiced by Laser Technik Ltd. The focus will shift from actively pursuing new business to consultancy, support and maintenance roles and smaller scale projects.
We can still take on new projects but cannot commit to those requiring more than a few days work.
You may request support by either of the following means
- Phone 0114 299 8237: this is an answerphone. Do leave a message. We will be alerted (by text message) and will respond as soon as practicable. (Please clearly state your name and phone number!)
We will not respond to unsolicited commercial marketing calls.
For urgent matters change the email title to: Calling Rob, this will cause the message to be given priority.
We always respond to unsolicited commercial email by reporting it as SPAM.
We aim to respond within two working days, usually much sooner. Please try to give 2 weeks notice of any changes you need such as web site content, email routing, DNS configuration. (If someone is available we will respond within minutes even outside normal working hours but cannot guarantee to do so).