Laser technik Internet division
We primarily offer internet support and maintenance services. There is no need for you to be an existing client. We are more than happy to work with other service providers.
If you have an internet problem there can be several parties involved in the "full picture" of your service. The risk is that each of those parties may suggest that the problem lies with another of the suppliers. Coming from an IT/programming background working for a "household name" global banking corporation with a focus on Internet since the early 1990s we aim to understand any problem in its entirety. If we can't fix a problem ourselves we will provide an authoritative diagnosis and advise on the best way forward.
Our services include:
- Domain name management, DNS changes, web & email routing, reliable name renewal. Names are registered in YOUR name but using our contact details such that technical issues and queries are routed and addressed reliably.
- Small programming tasks
- Problem solving, advice, consultancy
- Technical assistance with existing web sites (including help with DIY internet projects)
- Building small, low budget web sites
- Competitive and well managed web hosting
- Disaster recovery - we have successfully recovered entire web sites that have been "lost" typically because it's no longer possible to contact the original designer and s/he holds the domain name or web server password.
- Disaster planning - we can help put some simple steps in place to minimise the need & cost of calling on disaster recovery services.
- Routine change requests - many clients find it easier to ask us to make even minor updates to their web site than to struggle with what they were "sold" as "easy to use free DIY website builders" having discovered that "the only thing that's free is the cheese in a mousetrap" and "easy" is like riding a bike, easy once you know how...
- Independent advice - Has someone told you "it can't be done"? Do you think they may mean they don't know how or just don't want the hassle? We will provide a second opinion and will aim to find a way forward to achieve your aims.
If you've received an invoice from LaserTechnik but aren't clear why it may be because we no longer host your web site but do still manage your domain name. It's good practise to keep the domain name separate from web design or web hosting.
One reason for that is that should there be a problem with hosting or the designer resulting in your site disappearing the domain name can easily be configured to reroute such that you don't lose web and email traffic.
In addition we are experts in domain name management, we will configure them correctly and names under our management are set to auto-renew with multiple payment methods. We handle the alerts regarding problems with the name.
Learn about bare UK domain names
- that's a version of your web address without the .co, we own but don't use lasertechnik.uk for reasons that document explains
Should I get a security certificate for my web site?
- prevent web browsers scaring your users away with a "NOT SECURE" alert and get better listing in Google search results. That document explains why the cost is not an obstacle.
Should I avoid web sites not showing the locked padlock icon?
We ran a full service web site development agency for 20 years. We have now scaled down but still offer access to that resource of skills and expertise.
We can be contacted as below:
- Service status This site is on a secondary server, our primary server handles most of our client web-sites. That means if the primary is unavailable for any reason we can post a message here. If you suspect there may be a server problem, check the status page first.
- Phone 0114 299 8285: this is an answerphone. Do leave a message. We will respond as soon as practicable. (Please clearly state your name and phone number!)
We will not respond to unsolicited commercial marketing calls.
We respond to unsolicited commercial email by reporting it as SPAM.
Users of our bulk email system can log in here.
Laser cutting division
Laser Technik offers services for design and production of laser-cut items.
We have the design skills and software to turn your concept into a prototype and then produce it. We can then go on to help your marketing efforts by developing a website and helping with, for example, selling on eBay.
We can cut:
- Some types of wood (Laser grade plywood/MDF work best)
We can surface engrave/etch/mark but not cut:
- Some coated metal surfaces (Please Enquire)
- Plus all the materials we can cut (listed above).
At present we cannot cut metal.
Some examples and prototypes
Modular wargaming scenery
Our Facebook page has more product images
Laser Scapes designs, manufactures and sells laser cut war games terrain.