War gaming scenery
We have our own range of laser-cut and etched products including specialist war-gaming scenery. This can be seen on our dedicated web site
The scenery is delivered as a modular slot-together construction kit.
Does this scenery work with other commercial war gaming supplies?
Yes it is designed specifically with that in mind and has several advantages over alternatives:
- Customisable - you can make a standard building or modify it to your own preferences.
- Wreckable - it's designed to allow you to "wreck" some walls to create a war-torn effect.
- Access - unlike alternatives it's easy to access the inside of buildings allowing game-play to continue "indoors". Spaces are designed to allow movement of commercially available combatants within the buildings.
- Lighting - interior lighting makes the finshed effect far more realistic
What's in a kit?
The kits contain everything necessary to make a specific building except a craft-knife (or file/sandpaper) and PVA glue. The electric lighting is best soldered together but that's not essential.
Sub-assemblies are provided as a single module, the individual parts snap out of that module for assembly. That makes it easy to identify all the components and small individual parts are less likely to get mislaid.
How easy is it to build a model?
- Construction is straightforward and well within the capabilities of most wargamers.
- Work on one sub assembly at a time.
- Snap out the components, smooth off any rough edges and glue together.
- Sub assemblies then slot together to make a completed model. This is useful for experimenting with your final design but you may prefer to glue some together.
- Some components are designed to be "wreckable". That's to enable you to create war-torn scenery by breaking along designated lines. The broken off "waste" can then be used as rubble.
- For greater realism you may wish to paint the completed buildings.
- Basic guidance on construction is included with a kit and futher advice and suggestions for customisation and painting is provided on-line.
- A small amount of soldering makes the electric lighting more reliable but is not essential.
Can I buy completed models?
Part of the attraction of the war-gaming hobby is the process of construction and modification/personalisation and so we do not normally sell completed models. On occasion we do offer demonstration prototype buildings for sale but kits are cheaper, easier to ship, offer greater scope for personalisation. Please enquire.
Can I buy individual sub assemblies?
Yes but it's more cost effective to buy complete sets. Additional sub assemblies bought at the same time as a complete set come at a discount.
Our Facebook page has more product images